Initial drawing, thin layer of Burnt Sienna & Prussian Blue.

Slowly added Alizarin Crimson, Burnt Umber & White.
Ended up wiping this down because it felt too worked.

Much more developed face, more elements of blue present.
                                       I thought it'd be fun if I put up a small sample of my work process. 
                                                    This is a portrait I did for my painting class, in which I wanted to 
                                                    create a strong sense of design mixed with a feeling of romanticism. 
                                                    Often when I'm painting if I don't like where its going I'll wipe it 
                                                    down to the sketch or initial layer of dried paint and start over again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment